Please print off the following forms according to your case.
Mediation Forms - Please print and fill out these forms if you are coming for your first Mediation or Kitchen Table Mediation Appointment. You do not need to bring these forms if you are just coming in for a consultation, although you can if you want to.
1. Mediation Retainer Agrement. This is a long but important document. Please take time to read it. If you have questions you are welcome to call prior to the appointment or we can discuss them at the appointment. Most clients pay with credit card, although if you prefer to use a cash retainer we can do that as well. This is the “credit card” version of the retainer agreement. You can contact our office for the “cash retainer” version of the agreement if you prefer (they are essentially identical except for the payment method).
2. Confidential Divorce Questionnaire. This form asks for all information that is required to file for divorce. You each need to fill out a copy of this form.
3. Financial Worksheet. This worksheet helps you assemble all necessary financial information in an easy-to-use format. You only need to fill out one of these between the two of you.
4. Parent Education Class (Mandatory if minor children involved). Each county has a mandatory parent education class which must be taken before a judge will sign your judgment. This form includes a list of the classes for all counties in Oregon. You do NOT have to complete this class before entering mediation, although some clients prefer to do so. Some counties will waive this requirement if your child is seventeen. If one parent is out of state it is typically acceptable to take an equivalent class in the state where that parent resides as long as you provide proof of completion to the court.
5. Parenting Plan Website (Optional). This link takes you to the Oregon Judicial Department Parenting Plan website. This free resource provides you with information and forms to develop your own parenting plan. Some people prefer to develop their parenting plan in mediation. The two of you should create your parenting plan in whatever way makes you most comfortable (creating it your own or creating it in mediation). If you create your own parenting plan please bring it with you so it can be incorporated into the final documents.